How Many Days Before Students Come Back to School?

"You Light Up My Life"

I like the way you've learned to learn.

I like the way you wait your turn.

I like the way you've begun to share.

I like the way you've grown to care.

I like the way you make your plan

And that you say, "I know I can."

I like the way you sing and play,

And that you know you're special today and everyday.

I like the way you create and learn to print your name.

In many ways you're different and yet you're still the same.

Little children who have come so far, and still have far to go

Can you see what you've done for ME?

Yes, I think you know

YOU LIGHT UP MY LIFE! (Author Unknown)



Love,

Mrs. Aldridge




"Life, love, and laughter-what priceless gifts to give our children." Phyllis Dryden





Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

It has truly been an exciting time getting to know your children and your family each and everyday since school started. We have spent a total of twelve weeks on social/emotional routines in connecting with friends and building our own "school family." We have also worked hard to make better connections with friends in expressing ourselves in positive ways when we are upset, learning better ways to calm down when we are upset, and how to express ourselves through emotional literacy. We have worked very hard to understand how our classroom and school work inside and outside-your children truly "rock" in all they have learned by showin gus each day they can make great choices in helping Mrs. Aldridge be a better "safekeeper." We are making wonderful connections throughout our classroom with letters, numbers, literacy, langugage, social studies, music, art, and science as well. We are so proud of your children in seeing right before our eyes how much they have grown.

We are working in small groups, large groups, and individually with your children to support any items that need extra care in supporting our developmental domains of social/emotional, cognitive, physical, and langugage. This in turn will give more strength in being better prepared when transitions to Kindergarten are made. I am so appreciative of each parent's support within our classroom. Please continue to check BEARS daily and watch for those special items that your children need minimal support with. Don't forget to return Reading Logs at the end of each month for a special surprise~I cannot tell parents enough how valuable it is when you have this time to read for joy with your children in teaching them that reading is not only fun, but necessary in life. Books are truly special! Your children are special too! I have finally updated our blog with some great items-stay tuned as I continue to keep some fun moments updated thorughout the rest of our school year~

Happiness,

Mrs. Aldridge
Ms. Gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment